SEO or Search Engine Optimisation
Everyone will tell you that you need good SEO but what does that actually mean and how do you achieve it?
Hint: SEO is essentially a combination of best practices which should help your website to rank more highly with Google and other search engines.
Every website I create is developed with SEO in mind and optimised to maximise your chances of scoring well with some of your main keywords, but reaching the top pages (and staying there), not to mention ensuring that you’re using using the right keywords and phrases to attract the right customers, all needs to be an ongoing process and one that I am very happy to assist with, whether on a regular or ad-hoc basis.
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and the rest… there are so many different options for promoting your business (and your website) on social media these days that it’s difficult to know where to focus your attention and/or what’s likely to work best for your business.
I can help you find your way through the maze including –
- suggesting which platforms are most likely to reach your intended market
- helping you to decide how to present yourself (hint: consistent branding will help you to make a lasting impression)
- coming up with ideas of what to say
- design, copy-writing & even making scheduled posts on your behalf if you prefer to focus your time elsewhere
Once your site is set up, it’s very likely that you will now have your very own blog which will allow you broadcast your wisdom to the world (and help promote your business too). If you’re happy to do it all yourself, I can show you how it all works and you’ll soon be blogging to your heart’s content, but if you’d prefer a bit more of a helping hand then I can also offer assistance with –
- suggestions on topics you may like to write about
- sourcing relevant (often free) photos and other images to accompany your blog posts
- writing (or editing) your content in way which is both interesting to your readers and search-engine friendly
- scheduling your posts and promoting them via other social media
Content – Copy-writing
Creating a beautiful website is one thing, but if the content (ie. the words on the page) isn’t right, your site visitors aren’t likely to stick around just to enjoy the view (and equally importantly, nor will the search engines either). There is quite an art to writing website text and blog articles which will both draw in your potential clients and help you to rank well with Google et al, and if the written word isn’t your thing, I’m more than happy to help whether on a one-off or regular basis.
As part of the handover of your new site, I’ll show you how to add/edit your own information but if you’d like to understand a little more about how it all works, I also offer one-to-one WordPress tuition tailored to your specific needs/interests.
If you need assistance with ANY aspect of operating your business online which isn’t mentioned above, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I’ll be only too pleased to discuss whether it’s a service I can offer myself or perhaps put you in touch with someone who can.